We have developed design software for synchronous silent-pole generators.
Design of silent-pole synchronous generators is based on the following set of parameters: line voltage and frequency, nominal active power of the generator, synchronous speed, number of phases of generator, overload capability (a ratio between the maximum torque to the nominal torque), efficiency and power factor.
Our design software for synchronous silent-pole generators allows:
- automatic determination of optimal dimensions of a generator, namely: an internal stator diameter, an external stator diameter, an air-gap value, a stator length, dimensions of the stator slots, dimensions of the poles and yoke stator;
- automatic determination of the optimal number of stator slots, the optimal number of turns in the stator winding, section of the wire of the stator winding, a scheme of the stator winding, and selection of appropriate insulation of the stator winding;
- calculate the magnetic circuit of the generator, calculate excitation current at a no-load mode and at the nominal load;
- design the excitation winding;
- define parameters of the stator winding and excitation winding for а steady mode and for a transient mode, define time constants for the generator windings, and calculate power factor in the nominal mode;
characteristicsof the generator, namely: load-angle characteristic, regulation characteristic, external characteristic, v-curve characteristic;
- calculate losses and efficiency of the generator;
- design the damping winding;
- design the cooling system of the generator;
- perform a thermal calculation of the generator.
We are capable of designing silent-pole synchronous generators in a power range from 2kW up to 10MW and for the line voltage from 400V up to 10500V.
We can perform electromagnetic analysis of silent-pole generators in FEA.
We can estimate mechanical loads on the components of a generator, e.g. on the shaft, on the bearings, on the stator winding, and on the housing during short-circuit.
We can design the overall structure of a silent-pole synchronous generator provided with a set of drawings. Furthermore, we can develop drawings of main components of the generator.